Aleve is an over-the-counter (OTC) pain reliever and fever reducer that provides temporary relief from minor aches and pains. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by blocking the production of prostaglandins, which are chemicals that cause pain and inflammation.
- Long-lasting relief: Aleve provides up to 12 hours of pain relief with just two pills.
- Reduces fever: Aleve can also help to temporarily reduce fever.
- Gentle on the stomach: Aleve is less likely to cause stomach upset than other NSAIDs.
- Convenient: Aleve is available without a prescription and is easy to take with or without food.
- What can Aleve be used for?
- Aleve can be used to relieve pain from headaches, backaches, muscular aches, menstrual cramps, toothaches, and the common cold. It can also help to temporarily reduce fever.
- How often can I take Aleve?
- You can take Aleve every 12 hours, but do not take more than 2 pills in a 24-hour period.
- Are there any side effects of Aleve?
- Like all medications, Aleve can cause side effects. The most common side effects are heartburn, nausea, and diarrhea. More serious side effects can occur, such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems. It is important to read the label carefully before taking Aleve and to talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.